Thoughts

It's Okay To Be Average

9:00 AM


This post was inspired by Lara Casey, who I really look up to for her wise words of wisdom.
.
I’m going to be completely honest with you here,  I feel like I have to be the best at what I do in order for what I do to be valued.  I am now starting to realize that this is so not the case.

We live in a world where society tells us that we need to be the best at everything.  This is a lie. Failure is okay.  And being average is okay.  

Last place is still better then not racing at all.

I have quit doing so many things that I loved simply because I wasn’t the best at them.   I thought that quitting was the right thing to do.  Now looking back on it, I realize that it wasn’t and if you really enjoy doing something, perfection shouldn’t matter.

It’s okay to really love something and not be the best at it.  It’s okay to have a special talent or skill and not make a career out of it.  It’s okay to be average at things.

And maybe you are average at everything you do.  That’s okay too.  You can be average can still have a voice and be valued.

So, let’s abandon perfection.  Let’s take the things that we are average at and continue pursuing them!  We’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

LET’S EMBRACE AVERAGE!
.

Let’s Chat...

What things in your life do you love that you feel you are 'average' at?  
.
Love,
Em



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm the same way! I'm such a perfectionist, that I really beat myself up when I'm not as good as I think that I should be. Thanks for this reminder:)

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts