Thoughts

I Survived Freshman Year!

2:00 PM


Hello beautiful people!!

I finished writing my first exam yesterday morning (which was absolutely horrible and it took me 4 HOURS) but after my other two exams on Monday and Tuesday I AM DONE.  IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE SUMMER VACATION WOOT WOO!!!

I actually cannot believe that it’s June like I swear I was putting up my Christmas tree just yesterday and now it’s warm outside.  WHAT. 

Summer is actually a pretty big deal for me because there is LITERALLY snow on the ground where I live from October-May, that’s 8/12 months, which means that I live 67% of the year in SNOW. EW.

Anyways, it’s summer now so YAY.  This also means that my freshman year of high school is over and I’m so sad. (ok I know what your thinking “argh is she really preaching ‘bout how much she loves school, like ew go away” BUT I PROMISE YOU MY HIGH SCHOOL IS GREAT AND I LOVE IT)  So, I thought that I would summarize all the awesome things that happened.

SEPTEMBER:

THIS WAS A CRAZY MONTH
I started high school at a school where I knew absolutely no one.  But I thankfully met this one amazing little gal who introduced me to her friend group.  BOOM I had 5 new best friends.

Also this month I was elected onto my school’s Student Council as Grade 9 Representative which was pretty cool (they announced your name over the announcements, it was pretty legit just sayin’)

OCTOBER-DECEMBER:

Let’s just say that October was the month for emotional breakdowns and leave it at that.  Okay? Okay.

BUT DECEMBER WAS WONDERFUL BECAUSE A. CHRISTMAS AND B. I GOT TO BE IN MY HIGH SCHOOL’S PRODUCTION OF ELF THE MUSICAL!!  Okay so I didn’t actually have a real ‘part’ in the play but I was a background dancer and it was SO MUCH FUN.

JANUARY-MARCH:

To be honest I don’t really remember much of January as I was probably in post-Christmas depression, but I do remember exams which sucked but let's be real, when DON’T exams suck.

BUT FEBRUARY WAS GREAT!  February was the start of semester 2 so I had all new classes.  Thankfully I absolutely LOVED almost all of my classes which just made this semester go by so much faster.

During March Break my mum and I headed down to the big city for a couple of days just to get away which was oodles of fun.

Also right before Easter my grandma was admitted to the hospital.  She had gotten the flu and when they brought her into emerge she got worse and worse.  She spent 3 weeks in ICU and she was in a coma for 11 days.  She is now still in the hospital and is slowly getting better.

APRIL-MAY:

April and May were pretty crazy months.  In April I attended a couple of conferences and made some really great memories with my friends.

In May I played A LOT of tennis on my school’s tennis team (okay so I only went to one practice BUT I practiced on my own I promise) and we had our last Student Council event of the year, the ‘Year in Review’ assembly.

JUNE:

JUNE WAS PRETTY DARN AWESOME.  First of all my school decided to put HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL as their spring production.  OF COURSE I jumped on this opportunity to live my childhood dream, and let me tell you IT WAS AMAZING!  This time I actually got a part* as one of Sharpey’s minions and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN OMG!
*at my high school the senior drama class puts on the production and sometimes they select certain grade 9’s or 10’s to have small parts. I WAS A LUCKY ONE.

Also in June was the Student Council re-elections.  Unfortunately I did not get re-elected onto council, but that’s okay and I took the bad news like a boss (after a couple of tears first...)

I also got accepted into a medical summer program WHICH IM SO PUMPED FOR!!!!

And now we’re here.  In the middle of exams.  Emotionally unstable because the grade 12 are graduating and I love them all so much.  

talk to me...
How was your school year?  Ups, Downs?  Are you excited for summer? 
.
LOTS OF HUGS!
Em

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. YAYAY! *fireworks sound* *party horns are blown* *confetti falls*
    -elissa
    p.s. I may steal the layout of this post at some point in my life.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOT WOO!! You are so sweet Elissa, thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! It sounds like you've had a very full year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I nominated you for the Music Tag over on my blog!

      Delete
  3. Yay! Congrats on your successful year! I just ran across your blog and let me just say: I love it! Freshman year for me was actually better than sophomore year and I actually really loved it a lot.
    I cannot wait to read more of your blog, keep up the great work!
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LAUREN YOU'RE SO SWEET OMG!! Thank you so much for a wonderful comment *HUGS*

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    I actually found you through Bloglovin' and decided to check out your little blog. I simply adore it! It's set up so nicely that it's actually inspiring me to go clean up my blog. (But dear Lord, that'll take a while.)
    Anyway, I love this post! It's just so bubbly and fun, and I'm so glad your school year went great! Sounds like you've found a great high school, and congratulations on all those parts! They may have been "small" parts, but as the saying goes, "There are no small parts, only small actors." ;) I bet you did wonderfully in both musicals!
    I shall be keeping my eye on your blog! Hope to talk to you soon!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH SUSAN!! This comment seriously MADE MY DAY GAHHHH!!!
      You are absolutely right, no part is too small! Thank you again for this wonderful comment! *LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS*
      -Em

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts