Thoughts

Growing & Pruning Friendships + Free Printable

9:00 AM


I am not very good at friendships.

I always feel so awkward and out of place, so usually I just avoid the situation altogether and spend time alone.  Which also kind of sucks.

And I honestly don’t know why but I just freeze around new people.  I also takes me years to learn to trust others.

BUT I’M WORKING ON IT!

This summer especially, I’m focusing on tending to my previous friendships and growing them stronger.  I want relationships where I know in my heart that they will last for a very long time.

I know that family is very important.  But I also think that there is something really special about the family that you get to choose, your friends.  I find that my friends truly and deeply understand me more then my family does.  Saying this I know that I need to have them in my life.

This summer I encourage you to truly evaluate your friendships.  Which friendships need some tending to?  Do any friendships need pruning?

I’m going to tell you a little story.  

I used to be friends with this girl.  We had been friends since pre-school and I personally felt like we were growing apart.  So, I transferred schools the next year.  I essentially ‘pruned’ our friendship.  And guess what happened?  I made a bunch of new friends who understand me so much more then she ever did.

Sometimes pruning is necessary for new friendships to grow and flourish.

It’s like a garden: You need to prune your plants to allow for new growth.

So, as a little treat for you lovely readers, I created a free printable.  It’s all about growing your friendships and I encourage all of you to fill it out and post it in a place that you will glance at throughout the day!


AND THAT’S A WRAP!!

So...

Do you have any friendships that need pruning?  Do you like the printable (I think it’s super cute!)
.
HUGS!
Em


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Friendships are hard. Forcing yourself to prune your friendships is even harder. I'll definitely be thinking on this one, Em:)

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts