Inspiration

How to Manage a Busy Schedule

7:25 PM


Recently my calendar has been over-flowing with to-do lists, events, appointments, and activities.  Which, don’t get me wrong, I love to be a part of, but I find that I'm constantly burnt out.

I really do enjoy being constantly busy.  Whether that’s Student Council meetings or tennis practice or yoga class, I just love to be doing something. 

But, along with that comes my problem of over committing.  I feel bad saying no, so I try to do everything.

And 9 times out of 10 it totally back-fires.
It usually ends up with me at home re-watching old re-runs of Grey’s Anatomy while questioning why my life isn’t perfect. 

This is what I remind myself when I almost choke looking at my calendar:

↳ Don’t ‘half’ do things.
Either put in 100% or 0%.  Think of it like this: Catherine wants to get better at baseball so she decides that she can fit in a practice every two weeks for 1 hour.  Will she get any better? No, at least not quickly she won’t. 

↳ Don’t say maybe if you want to say no.
TRUST ME, people would much rather you say no to them at the beginning instead of you canceling on them last minute.

↳ You can’t do everything.
We all have the same 24 hours in a day. All of us. And you need to make time for what you want before those 24 hours are up.  Because, my friends, a day spent unhappy is a day wasted.

↳ Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize!
If you know that your going to really stressed out tomorrow then instead of making plans to go watch the track and field race, maybe you should book a yoga class.  It’s your life, plan accordingly and prioritize your well being and happiness.

so...
How do you manage a busy schedule? Would you rather be constantly busy or always relaxed?  How many days of school do you have left?
Love,
Em


You Might Also Like

1 comments

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts