Inspiration

July Goals

9:00 AM


This month, I want to work on cultivating meaningful goals.  I feel like we all get caught up in creating goals that just benefit us.   But I think that our goals should not only help us, but everyone around us.  Think about how much better the world would be if just one of our goals focused on helping each other in some way!

So, these are my monthly goals for July:

Simple  Living
I haven’t read “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up” yet, but before I read it I want to just get rid of ‘stuff’.  Stuff that has no special place in my heart and that I just don’t need.  Instead of throw this stuff out, I am going to donate to local charities to help out others in the community who may be in need of these things.

Gratitude
This month I would like to work on expressing and cultivating (which is my new favorite word!) gratitude.  Gratitude is hard.  I find myself getting so caught up in ‘what’s happening next’ that I forget to be thankful for the things happening now.

Fruitful Relationships
I want to build stronger, and longer lasting relationships with people.  Since I’m an only child I’m kind of a natural introvert, but I want to start putting myself out there more.  I also want to grow the relationships that I already have by expressing small acts of gratitude to show them that I care.

Screens Down, Book Open
I admit, I am 100% a constant ‘phone checker’.  Even when I’m not expecting any messages or e-mails, I am always subconsciously refreshing feeds and inboxes.  AND IT NEEDS TO STOP.  So, instead of aimlessly searching my phone, I am going to pick up an actual book and read.

.
AND THAT’S A WRAP! 
I will let you know how I do with these goals at the end of the month.  But for now, I will leave you with this; Are your goals meaningful and do they cultivate (there it is again!) kindness, gratitude and empathy?
.
P.S HAPPY JULY GAL PAL IT’S OFFICIALLY SUMMERTIME WOOT WOO!!
P.P.S I have determined a summer posting schedule, and it is as follows: New posts on Wednesday and Sunday at 9am EST!!  I'm going to try and stick with it, I promise!
.
BYE FOR NOW!
Em

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love it! I have been going through my room and it feels WONDERFUL. My favorite cleaning philosophy is "have less stuff then you have room for," and it's so nice to get everything cleaned out before life gets crazy.
    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT! And that's a great philosophy! Happy July Elissa!

      Delete
  2. Screen off and book open is something I need to do too. Good luck accomplishing those goals

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts