Inspiration

Weekday Inspirations #1

9:57 PM


I am going to be starting a new segment on my blog called 'Weekday Inspirations'.  In these posts I will be sharing whatever it is that has inspired me lately, whether that be photos, music or quotes.  I also might add in a little bit of rambling and ranting hear and there, depending on my mood :).




I don't know why, but lately I have had this crazy obsession with beaches and sand and oceans and bathing suits and sea shells... (see I really do have a problem).  The funny they is about it is A. I don't like swimming B. Sand irritates the HECK out of me (I am still finding sand in my phone case from my beach adventure in July!) C. I DONT LIKE THE BEACH! I know, call me crazy, but I think that the beach is a pretty boring place full of poopy, squawking birds and screaming toddlers.  So, I'm just going to pretend that the beach is a wonderful, magicial place and continue to constantly re-blog pictures of it on Tumblr, as one does.





These quotes really speak to me.  I really struggle with understanding that you can't just expect other people to act a certain way because it's the right thing to do.  Some people are just mean. Enough said, and let them be.  Instead, I try to surround myself with others who I love just the way they are.  People always tell you that you should love everyone for who they are, but if someone cannot respect or accept me, how can they expect me to accept them!  Anyways, what I'm trying to say, is that it's not your job to change the personalities of all the people how constantly produce negativity and hurtful vibes.

On a more positive note, recently I have been very motivated to start chasing my dreams.  I know it sounds pretty cheesy, but seriously what's the point of making/having dreams if your never going to go after them!  I am very determined to go into medicine after high school (I preferably would like to become a neurosurgeon) so, I have been looking at different schools and a variety of summer "pre-med" programs around the world.  They have programs at The University of Cambridge and Oxford University that I would absolutely LOVE participate in even though both universities are in a different continent, probably cost $5,000,000 and most likely have an acceptance rate of 2.1%.  But, as one of my favourite quote states: 'It always seems impossible until it's done'.  Oh and I also want to graduate a semester early and travel the world before university (maybe that ones a little less realistic...)
 .
And for all you music junkies out there, here is a link to my Spotify playlist.  My current favourite playlist is called "My Happy Songs" go give it a listen, I promise you won't be disappointed.
https://open.spotify.com/user/emilyprpic
.
So, thats all I have for today.  Remember: Surround yourself will people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, vibes are contagious.
.
Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! I can't wait to see more of them!

    Now I miss the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you darling! I always seem to miss summer immensely on the coldest days of winter!

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts