Inspiration

My Most Valued Moments

5:26 PM

I love my life.  I am grateful for all of the amazing opportunities and challenges that have been thrown my way.  Not everything has worked out according to plan, but I believe that things do happen for a reason.

People sometimes ask me ‘What are you excited for’ or ‘What is your biggest accomplishment’ and I just look at them and say that I don’t know. While I respond a million other thoughts run through my mind, ‘Have I even accomplished anything cool? Am I excited for something? Is my life boring and falling apart before my eyes?!  So I have decided to share with you today, I deeper look into my personal life, my most valued moments.

1. Saying the school prayer on the announcements everyday in 8th grade.  
Coming on to the school intercom every single day for a whole year is the reason I have no problem with public speaking.  I can now stand up on a stage in front of 200 people and give a speech and not be nervous one bit.

2. Getting 94% in grade 9 gym.
All through elementary school I was always that ‘girlie girl’ who didn’t like soccer because it was too ‘kicky’ or the girl who liked to practice her dance routines during gym class instead of participating because the floor was (and I quote...) ‘a good floor for practicing pirouettes on’.  So, this year I wanted to start fresh.  New school, no one knew me, it was the perfect opportunity to change my reputation.  And that is exactly what I did.

3. Quitting dancing.
Dancing was my life for 5 years.  That’s all I did and all I ever wanted to do.  Until I realized that continuing to dance was doing me more harm then good.  Not that winning is the most important thing but, our dance team never won.  We were also always given negative feedback from our teachers and we were pushed so hard in class that over 80% of the girls I danced with had to go visit the chiropractor every week in hope to recover whatever they injured due to dancing.  Even though quitting my not have felt like the right thing to do at the time, I can know say that it was hands down one of the bravest and the best things I’ve ever done.

4. Seeing a glacier up close.
Seeing something that you have only ever imagined existed in your dreams is totally magical.  Glacier are honestly so freaking cool.  Looking at one in real life really makes you realize that you are just a tiny, tiny speck in this world.  

And now a question for you.  What moments do you value?  Have those moments made you the person you are today? What to you want do to do now the will benefit you in the future?
.

As always, have a wonderful, splendid day, and don’t forget to smile :).  By the way, what kinds of posts would you like to see from me in the future? Fashion, fitness, organization, inspiration, book reviews...? Let me know in the comments!
.
Love,

Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so great! I love all of your posts haha. I don't know what my best moment would be..winning a musical theatre ensemble competition with a bunch of my best friends is high up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much darling! Winning musical theatre ensemble competition sounds TOTALLY AMAZING! I used to be a competitive dancer and watching musical theatre pieces were always one of my favourites!

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts