Fashion & Beauty

Pros vs. Cons of dying your hair

4:00 PM

As back-to-school is vastly approaching some of you may be wanting/thinking of dying your hair.  So, today I will be sharing with you the pros and cons of it and my personal opinion on dyed hair.  I also made the pros and cons list even so that you do not feel as though one or the other is a better decision.
p.s I am not a professional hair stylist so don’t necessarily go dye your hair after reading this, consult with your parents/guardians first! 

PROS:
  1. It’s a fresh new look.   Your natural hair may be is boring and basic and you just want it to look different then before. 

  1. Your hair color can make your eyes pop!  People with brown hair and eyes may want to dye their hair a different color to make their stunning brown eyes stand out.

  1. Keep on trend*.  Maybe you are one of those girls who likes to be on trend.  ALL OF THE TIME, even if that means dying your hair a crazy color like white or rainbow.
  • i know that this one may be slightly over-dramatic, but you never know what some people will do!

CONS:
  1. It permanently damages your hair.  Yes, you heard that right, PERMANENTLY.  Dying your hair really dries it out because of all the chemicals used.

  1. It is expensive to get done at a salon.  People with thick, longer hair could be paying over $100 just for HIGHLIGHTS!  Start saving your pennies ladies.

  1. What if you don’t like it.  Temporary dye wouldn’t be an issue, but permanent dye does take a very long time to change if you decide that you hate it.

Below is my personal opinion on the situation.  (if you do not want to be persuaded, then I would not recommend you read this)
.
.
.
I personally would not dye my own hair.  I tend to be incredibly indecisive so having to commit to something like this would not go well for me.  But if you think that this is something you really want to do (and can afford it) I would do it.  You only live once so you might as well do it while you still can!  Please also remember to, yes be spontaneous but please also think this decision though carefully because there is no going back for a long time. 

Love,
Em   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts