Thoughts

Facing Rejection

9:00 AM


Rejection is so hard friends.  Really, really hard.  And I want to be a cheery, happy blogger but sometimes you just have to write about the hard stuff.

Being rejected sucks.  And it hurts.  And it makes you feel like you're not good enough and makes you think that 'if only I was a better person' they would want me.
And it's just lies.

Things do 'go on'.  Fun will still be had.  And relationships can and will be mended.

People are impulsive and they say things they don't mean constantly.  I bet that you do too.

And sometimes, listen carefully when I say this, people might actually be busy, even when it feels like they're avoiding you.  Also, busy doesn't always mean doing something fun and exciting without you.  It could mean taking a nap or running errands with their mom, so don't just assume that you're missing out.

I honestly need to start taking my own advice.  Whenever I try to make plans with a friends and they already have something else going on, I assume that they're intensionally leaving me out.  I feel rejected.

Lately I've been trying to be more intensional with my feelings.  I like to check in with God and ask 'Are these good feelings? Should I be feeling this way?'.  And it helps, it really does.

So, next time you're faced with rejection, consider this:  People still love you.  And they do still want you in their life.  Give it time.  The storm will eventually pass.  It's all part of the journey my friend.

LET'S GO SHOW REJECTION WHOS BOSS!
.
Love,
Em


You Might Also Like

2 comments

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts