Adventure

England Recap- Part 1

3:04 PM

*Okay for some reason I published this post last week then blogger reverted it back to a draft without me noticing.  Please excuse the lateness of this post.*

Okay, I'm going to be honest here, I kind of put off writing this post because I just have too much to say.  Like I still can't find the right words.
So here's go nothing.

ENGLAND BABY.
WOOT HOOOOOOO!!!

I got back on the 19th from 2 weeks in England.  It was great. So, so great.

I cried because it was so beautiful.  And I never usually cry.

Here's a lil summary of week one:

Day 1: I was a jet-legged lion.  We took the tube for the first time, and successfully got on the right train.  Then I fell asleep at 6pm.

Day 2:  We explored the cutest neighbourhood ever, Covent Garden.  Then later made our way to Leicester and Trafalgar Square which were breath-taking.  There was a man there making these huge bubbles and kids were running through them having the time of their lives.  This made me really happy.  I also saw Big Ben for the first time.  I cried.

Day 3: In the morning we toured Westminster Abbey, which was fun, but I personally thought it was made too 'touristy' for my liking.  I visited the fancy Lush store on Oxford Street where a worker washed my arm. Twice.  I smelt like bath bombs and fairy dust for the rest of the day.  And then I attended an Evensong service at St Paul's Cathedral (I even got to sit in the choir loft.  GOAL ACHIEVED)

*my mum and I went to England together so please excuse the flip-flopping of I and We*

Day 4: We toured Oxford and Cambridge University and to be honest, I didn't really love it.  Too touristy once again.

Day 5: MY BIRTHDAY!! I went to Brighton for the day, which was magical and beautiful and cute and AHHH I LOVED IT SO MUCH!


Day 6: I ordered an Acai bowl for breakfast but it tasted too healthy (please tell me you know what I mean...) and I couldn't eat it.
Cool story bro.
But we later had afternoon tea which made me feel super special and posh, so YAY for crumpets and biscuits!

Day 7: Toured Buckingham Palace in the morning (100% loved it) and toured the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio in the afternoon.  For all you Potterheads out there, YOU WOULD LOVE IT AHH!
.
And that's all I have of you today!

LOVE YA LOTS,
Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This sounds like so much fun! Ahh I'd love to visit England.

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts