Inspiration

Choosing a Happy Life

1:00 PM


Last Friday I was in a drive thru with my mom and I ordered a raison scone.  They responded with “That will be $2.25, please drive-thru”.  And then as we proceeded to the window the worker said that they didn’t actually have any scones so he put a cheese biscuit in the bag instead.  A CHEESE BISCUIT!  I was completely outraged, I actually wanted to scream at this man about why he couldn’t have told me this terrible news BEFORE I got to the window and WHO EATS CHEESE BISCUITS blah blah blah, but I didn’t.  I held it in.

Then, as we were driving to the hospital to see my grandma, a FREAKING BLACK CAT CROSSED IN FRONT OF US! (at this point I was quite convinced the world was coming to an end just saying).  I’m not one to believe in super situations but I pretty much lost it.

I thought that the whole world was against me.

Some tears were had and some deep breaths taken and I finally got myself together (I did manage to have another breakdown the next day as well so lets just call this the weekend of tears)

Anyways, at the end of this traumatic weekend I realized something.

In order to be truly happy we need to stop complaining about everything that goes wrong and we need to focus on everything thats gone right.

Last Friday I got perfect on my math test.  Last Friday I had an amazing dinner at this totally cool local restaurant.  Last Friday I watched an amazing movie called ‘Once I was A Beehive” (it’s on Netflix and YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!)

If we all shift our focus from the negative side to the positive side, we can all live a happy life.

Thoughts?
How do you cope with bad days?  Have you ever tried a cheese biscuit?  What brings you joy?
.
Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Believe it or not, I used to hardly ever have bad days and it was great! But now I've been having a lot of bad days and it really blows! Usually meditating or writing helps me.

    No, I've never had a cheese biscuit before but they don't sound all too great!

    What makes me happy? My bestfriend, my cat, sunshine, music, and traveling and much much more!

    Sarah || blissandliveliness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meditating also really helps me out on bad days, thank you for the lovely comment Sarah!

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts