Inspiration

How I Turned My Dreams Into Plans

4:52 PM


Hi there! How are you doing today?  I’m feeling a little stressed but let’s be honest here, WHEN AM I NOT STRESSED!
.
Today’s post is going to be a bit more personal and I hope that it allows you to get to know me a little bit better.  I’m going to be sharing with you how I took my crazy dreams and made them more then just dreams.  I turned them into plans.
.
I’m going to start out by saying that I am a total dreamer.  I’m the queen of my own little world inside of my head.  
.
One of my life motto’s is “No dream is too big if you work for it”, which pretty much means that if you want something you have to put A TON of effort in first before you can even get close to it.
.
I’m starting to find that adults are starting to shut down children’s dreams under our noses.  Do you ever remember when you were younger and adults asked you want to wanted to be when you grew up?  My response was usually a ‘movie star’ or at one point in my childhood I even wanted to be a bunny equestrian racer (is that even a real thing....?)  Adults would usually say things like ‘wow’ or ‘that’s cool’ and just brush it off as if they never actually asked in the first place.  

I wish people would respond to the child’s answer by asking the child things like “What kind of movies do you want to be in” or “What’s your favorite kind of bunny rabbit”*.  This would show the child that they care and value their dreams.

*if you asked 9 year old me this question I would probably give you a 10 minute long lecture about all the different kinds of bunnies in the world
.
Recently, I have been focusing on how I can take my current dreams (bunny equestrian racer is sadly no longer apart of the list) and turn them into real life plans.
.
This is how I did it:
First I wrote down my dreams under the following categories; Career, Wellbeing, Relationships, Lifestyle and Self-Growth.  I wrote down things like:
-become an amazing brain surgeon
-discover a cure for Alzheimer’s
-run a marathon
-open a summer camp that embraces and celebrates dreams and adventure for tween girls
-learn to give more and receive less
.
Then I took for I wrote down and thought about for a very, very long time.  From there, I prioritized my list and figured out what I could do right now in order to start reaching these goals.  So here’s what I did: I researched programs that would allow me to gain lab experience before university.  I started my training (again) to start running longer distances (my goal is 10km by the end of August).  I even researched how to seek board approval for using a facility for my summer camp that the school board owns (it’s on a lake and there are cabins and it’s super cute).
.
I encourage you, YES YOU, to take your crazy amazing dreams and turn them into plans.  Trust me, that first tiny step is always the hardest and YOU CAN DO IT. 

Although your dreams may be big, they’re never impossible.

Talk to Me

Do you remember any of your childhood dreams ?  What are your biggest dreams now?  Have you thought of ways to get you closer to where you want to be?
.
Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You go, girl!! Rock those dreams!!! My biggest dream currently is probably to publish a novel. I'm on my way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's incredible!! I can't wait to read it in the very near future!

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts