Food

The Best Tart Recipe

10:15 AM

Hello Everyone!

So, for today's post I am going to be sharing with you my fruit tart recipe.  I am quite an avid baker, but one thing I really struggle with is pastry and pie crust.  I don't know what it is but they never turn out right, until I stumbled across this recipe.  This recipe was originally found on the blog Zoella, but I have made my own little changes to make it perfect!
Enjoy!


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
2 3/4 cups of plain flour
1 1/2 cups of COLD (but not frozen) unsalted butter
4 tbsp of extra fine sugar (if you don't have or can't find this regular sugar works fine too)
4 large egg yolks (the yellow part of the egg)
1 pinch of salt
7-8 tbsp of cold water
A jam/jelly/filling of your choice
.

  1. Preheat oven to 350f
  2. Mix the flour and salt together IN A LARGE BOWL
  3. Cut the butter into small chunks and using your fingers, rub the cold butter into the flour/salt mixture until it looks like so
  4. Mix in the sugar and egg yolks.  I recommend doing this in a mix master, if you have one.  It makes it a lot easier, and faster.
  5. Add the water a tablespoon at a time until your mixture looks and feels like a dough.
  6. Wrap the dough up in cling wrap at let cool in the fridge for 10-15 mins.  The recipe makes almost 3 dozen tarts so what I like to do is separate the dough into two separate wrapped up balls and save one of them for later.  The dough can be let in the fridge for about a week.
  7. Dust your clean surface with flour and roll out the dough very thinly using a rolling pin.
  8. Using a round cookie cutter or a 1 cup measuring spoon, cut out circles to make your tarts. (Remember to leave some extra dough for the heart on top!)
  9. Take a muffin tin and brush the inside of it with melted salted butter, place and gently push down each circle into the tin.
  10. Take your filling of choice, I recommend apple sauce or raspberry jam, and place a spoonful inside each tart.  (I think that nutella might be good as well, I will have to try it and let you know ;)
  11. Cut small hearts or stars out of the left over dough and place one on top of each tart (make sure that your hearts or stars are very thin). Then also dusk the top of the hearts and stars with melted butter.
  12. Place tarts in the oven for 16-22 mins until they look slightly golden.
They are best served warm.


So that is my favourite tart recipe.  Please let me know if you make any tarts, I would love your feedback!
Happy Baking!!
Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yummy! These look delicious AND adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sometimes it's so hard to make things taste great and also look great too!

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts