Thoughts

The True Meaning of Tumblr

4:00 PM

Tumblr.  A website designed for people to blog about their lives.  But is that what most users use it for?  I have this feeling that the true reason that Tumblr exists is so that people have something to strive for.  Think about it.  How happy were you when you took that perfect picture out of the airplane window, and the first thing you thought was ‘Wow that’s so Tumblr!’ (but to be honest, I do the same thing.)  This whole thing has become something more though.  Girls at school now complement each other by calling them ‘Tumblr’, that to me is just weird.  Why do girls strive to be Tumblr, and how can you possibly ‘be’ a website?  This whole concept boggles my mind.  But the sad thing about this, is that I’m exactly the same way.   I take Tumblr pictures, dress like girls on Tumblr, do thing that people on Tumblr would do, etc.  Anyways what I’m trying to say here is that you shouldn’t let social media (or people for that matter) define how you act, dress, do, etc.  Be your own person and remember, surround yourself with people who like you for who you are.

Love,
Em


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts