Adventure

Alaska

4:00 PM

In August I’m going on a 7-night alaskan cruise with my mom.  Yes, I’m incredibly excited but I’m also very scared.  I have never been on a cruise ship before, nor have I ever been to Alaska.  I have no doubt that this is going to be an amazing trip, but it is still kind of terrifying.  We have signed up to go zip-lining, kayaking in the ARCTIC OCEAN (i have only ever kayaked in a small lake before) and whale watching (ok I guess the last one isn’t too scary, it’s not like we are swimming with them!).

I’m one of those people who act really fearless on the outside, but inside I’m really panicking.  I’m always trying to calm everyone down back stage at dance competitions and I’m always talking my friends into doing crazy things.  I find that calming others down makes me calmer.  There is only a few people who know this about me, my mom, my best friend and a few girls that I dance with.  I remember that at one competition this year before we went on stage I had this mini panic attack.  I was shaking and I was so scared to go on stage.  The girls in my dance group were all confused because I was the one who was suppose to be calming them down!  In the end, we realized that it was better for me to be left alone instead of surrounded by people.  Anyways, back to Alaska, I don’t want to freak out on the trip like I did backstage.

But what I think I’m going to do is A: take A LOT of deep breaths before I start panicking.  B: remember that trying new things is really epic. One of my role models, Zoe Sugg, once said “Just Say Yes!” and I love this phrase.  Whenever I’m unsure about doing something I always think about it.  You can’t let your mind (or people for that matter) tell you that you can’t do things, because you can.  Everybody can do almost everything if they set there minds to it.  So, my challenge for you is to go out and do something that scares you.  Whether that is riding a horse or standing on a tall building, go face your fears.  You will realize that you weren’t really scared of them, it was just your mind telling you that you are afraid and that you can’t conquer them.  YOU CAN and I plan on conquering fears in Alaska.

Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts