Thoughts

2016 Goals

8:10 AM

Happy 2016!

It feels like it’s been ages since I last posted on here (it actually has been awhile, oops).  But I’m back with an inspiring new year post to hopefully help get your butt in gear and start 2016 off right. 

To be honest I was kind looking forward to the new year more the Christmas.  Which is really weird because I’m usually one of those freaks who starts listening to Xmas music in October and the person who makes a “Christmas Binder” in September to ensure everything’s in place for the big day.  I’m not kidding here, I actually made a Christmas binder.  But, in the planning frenzy I felt like I almost got tired of Christmas in December and I lost my Christmas spirit.  This allowed for the holidays to go by at record speeds and before I knew it, it was 2016.  A new year.  A fresh start to change anything and everything that I wasn’t happy with in 2015.  It’s pretty overwhelming to know that all this power lies in your hands.  So, as I did the previous year, I made a list of goals that I wanted to accomplish.  But I did notice that my goals from last year were very different from the ones I made this year.  Last year I wanted to get all my splits, buy this ridiculously over priced sweater that all the popular kids had and get 1st place at my dance competition in Texas.  These are ok goals but they aren’t the kind of things that will continue to provide me with happiness in the future.  


This year I want to focus on me.  How I want to act, behave and do.  I know that I want to be happy and not just for the year, but for many years after that too.  I now realize that you can’t reach pure happiness and greatness in a day.  It requires time, effort and most importantly, goals that will bring you closer to the person that you truly want to be.

Good Luck and lets make 2016 THE BEST YEAR EVER!

Love,
Em 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes girl! You go, focus on you. That is the best thing you can do, treat yourself with respect and love. Instead of sharing things with others on social media do it for the soul purpose of remembering the fun YOU had. GOOD LUCK!!!! Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts