Fitness

My Fitness Experience

4:00 PM

Over the past year I have started to practice yoga.  Yoga has made me happier and relieved stress from my busy life.  I try to take yoga as much as I humanly can but things, such as school restrict that.  My solution to that is taking yoga before school!  Yes, that’s right, I voluntarily get up at 6am to go to yoga.  But I just love it so much that I don’t mind doing this.  My new goal is to get my yoga teacher training certificate before I’m 16.  This a very extravagant goal but I feel as though with much hard work I will accomplish it.

Also, in July, I started to run.  Before then I could not run 400 meters without stopping.  It’s that I was not physically fit, I was, but just in a different way.  Unfortunately being able to hold your leg up high in the air doesn’t make you a great runner.  I had terrible perseverance.  I remember the first time I went for a run I was so proud of myself for running 1km and only stopping 4 times!  Now after 3 months of training and over 250km later, I can run 5km without stopping in 25 minutes.  I am truly so very proud that I can do this because I never thought that I would be able too.  

But one downside to all of this is that running makes you a worse dancer.  As some of you may know, I’m a competitive dancer.  As a dancer we all strive to have all of our splits and be overly flexibility, but now I actually can’t become more flexible, I have reached my maximum.  This is because running, as much as I do has really tightened my hamstrings which doesn’t allow you to be flexible.

So what I am trying to say in this very rambly post, everything is good in moderation, but if you really want something you have to put your heart and soul into it.  Now don’t get me wrong, running, yoga, and dance have all put me in incredible shape (I even have an actual 6 pack) but you have to make sure you don’t over do it.  If I had know that running does this to your hamstrings I probably wouldn’t have pushed myself so hard when I was training.  But whats done is done and now I just want to inform my lovely readers about my experiences with different physical activities.

Thank you very much for reading and have an amazing day!  My challenge for you is to try yoga or go for a quick run today, your body will thank you in the future ;)

Love,
Em

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love this post! I run all the time and last month I really focused on getting my splits and I am close but never figured out why it was hard for me to get my splits until you mentioned what running does to your hamstrings. I didn't even think of that! Thank you, look forward to reading more of your posts!
    -V

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regularly go jogging, but it's been awful on my knees, so I've been wanting to take up yoga. I'm glad you've had such a positive experience with it. :)

    It's so thoughtful that you want to warn us to do everything in moderation. I'm sure things will work out for you and your dancing.

    Thank you for this post!

    Yasmine/Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I didn't realize this myself until my ballet teacher actually pointed it out to me one day in class! ;)

    ReplyDelete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts