Thoughts

All The Bright Places

11:00 AM

Hello everyone!  So for todays post I wanted to draw your attention to this post that I wrote and published back in July.  It was my first 'real' post on my blog and it means a lot to me.  It was written directly from my heart and I couldn't have said what I wanted to say any differently to this day.  And without further or do...Enjoy!
.
.
.
Ok, so a few days ago I finished the book; All The Bright Places by Jennifer Nivan.  Out of all the books I have ever read (and i’ve read A LOT of books) this is the only book that I legitimately have thought about for a good solid week.  I can’t decide whether I like the book (aka I was totally balling my eyes out by the end).  It’s just that the ending really takes you by surprise and gets you thinking about the seriousness of mental illness (it also makes you think about the power of true love).


The first thing I learned from this novel is that love can truly take you by surprise and it is wonderful.  You always hear about those perfect, fairy-tale like couples but I think that the best kind of love is unexpected.  You know, the popular, gorgeous girl who just happens to bump in to the geeky boy at school and they instantly fall in love.  Yes I love that and this book is the definition of unexpected love.

The second thing I learned is that mental illnesses really suck.  Like you just grass stained your brand new $90 Topshop jeans sucky.  But the worst part is that you can’t just give people some magic pills and it will go away.  Mental illnesses do not go away.  They stay with you for a long time and no matter how hard people try to pretend there non existent, there still there.  The only real way to treat them is to talk to people who actually know what there talking about.  These people can help treat them.  Ok so now your probably thinking everything thing’s ok, but it still isn’t.  Many people with mental illnesses do not want to seek help because they do not want to be labeled as having an illness.  This is where the real problem occurs.  This book focuses on many outcomes of not treating mental illnesses, which really touched my heart.

Overall, what I’m trying to say here is that A: You should read this book because after really thinking about this book for 1 week of my life (that I will never get back) I have come to the conclusion that this book is indeed amazing.  B:  Some things come into your life really fast, even if you are not ready for them to happen, but you must still embrace them.  Whether or not this may be unexpected love or maybe even a mental illness, do what you can to make the most of it (even if it sucks like grass stains).

Love,
Em


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This sounds fabulous! I'll have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS THE BEST BOOK!!!! I did a review on it back on my blog a while back as well (http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com/2016/01/all-bright-places-book-review.html if you feel like reading- I always like to read others reviews after I read a book I do't know why). I love this book so much and I thought about it for weeks and truth be told I'm still thinking about it (and I read it like three months ago). Love this <3
    -Vivian
    http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT! I absolutely loved the review that you wrote, it was truly amazing! I think I'm going to have to put this book in my re-read pile...:)

      Delete

My Photography

My Photography

Popular Posts